Sexual Harassment and Discrimination Training for Employees
|TIME TO COMPLETE:||1-hour|
|COST PER PERSON:||$30|
|COURSE ACTIVE FOR:||30 days|
|TYPE OF TRAINING:||Powerpoint with audio & video|
|RENEW TRAINING:||Every 2 years|
Max Subscription Days: 30 Days
Subjects: OSHA Safety Course
Price: US $30.00
Sexual harassment and discrimination is a constant presence in America’s workplaces. It can take a variety of forms, and with more media platforms available to employees, sexual harassment has never been more prevalent in the workplace. Coworkers are all connected through Facebook, Twitter, and other social networks. They also commonly communicate through e-mails and text messages.
But when does a dirty joke or sexually explicit message become sexual harassment? How far can employees go before they commit unlawful acts? To prevent harassment, we need to understand it. This online course provides answers to these questions and more for California employees.
Our Sexual Harassment Prevention course is designed to provide a comprehensive explanation of what sexual harassment is, how it can occur in the workplace, current legal positions, and how management should maintain a harassment-free workplace for you. Some of the topics that will be covered in this course include: behaviors that constitute sexual harassment, the different types of harassment, and what constitutes a hostile work environment.
The ultimate purpose of sexual harassment prevention training is to facilitate safer, more comfortable workplaces for all employees, where harassment or other forms of discrimination on the basis of gender are not tolerated. In this course, employees will learn the following:
- The legal definition of sexual harassment under the Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA) and Title VII of the Federal Civil Rights Act of 1964
- How to identify sexual harassment and other forms of discrimination
- The state and federal statutes defining and prohibiting sexual harassment in the workplace
- How employers should address harassing or discriminatory behavior on your or someone else
- Avenues for victims of workplace harassment
These and other related topics are discussed in our training course.
WHAT REGULATIONS DOES THIS COURSE SATISFY?
This course satisfies the State of California’s requirements for businesses of five or more employees as outlined under SB 1343. In order to receive a certification of sexual harassment and discrimination training completion, the business must administer a course that complies with SB 1343 standards. Failure to offer or properly administer this course can result in legal action being taken against the employer.
The topics covered under the employee sexual harassment and discrimination course include the following items:
- What workplace sexual harassment is
- The legal definitions for sexual harassment and discrimination in the workplace
- How employees can identify instances of sexual harassment and discrimination
- How employers and supervisors are required to address harassment instances
- Avenues of reporting and action that can be taken to stop sexual harassment
- Consequences of sexual harassment in the workplace and failure to properly address and report it
- Mandatory reporting specifics
- What you can do if a manager or supervisor exhibits harassing behaviors
- The complaint process for sexual harassment or discrimination in the workplace
- Sexual harassment and discrimination prevention strategies
LEVELS OF TRAINING
Sexual harassment training is required for all personnel working for more than six months in the state of California. There are two basic levels of sexual harassment training:
- Supervisory-level training, requiring two hours of in-class training time
- Non-supervisory-level training, requiring one hour of in-class training time
For businesses with five or more employees in California, both levels are required by state law.
You will need a computer or iPad with internet access and an email account. No text is required; all course materials are available online. The course will take approximately 1-hour to complete. You can download the course if needed also.
Passing this course requires completing the multiple-choice or true/false exam with a grade of 75% or better. If you do not receive a grade of at least 75% on the final quiz, you may retake the quiz up to a total of three (3) times.
COURSE SCHEDULE AND DEADLINES
The course is designed to be self-paced. You will have 30 days to complete it and can come and go as you need. After one month, you will need to re-enroll. Upon successful completion of the course you will receive a pdf certificate right away.
ACCREDITATION, CERTIFICATION AND CEUS
All online training for harassment prevention must meet SB 1343 accreditation standards in order for California businesses to fulfill their requirements. Once an employee passes the test, he or she will receive an official certificate of completion.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE?
- All companies with 5 or more employees are required to provide this training to their staff within 6 months of hire
- All employees that want to be aware of their rights
(a) As of January 1, 2020, an employer having five or more employees shall provide at least two hours of interactive training and education regarding sexual harassment to all supervisory employees and at least one hour of interactive training and education regarding sexual harassment to all nonsupervisory employees in California within six months of their assumption of a position.
An employer who has provided this training and education to an employee after January 1, 2019, is not required to provide training and education by the January 1, 2020, deadline. After January 1, 2020, each employer shall provide sexual harassment training and education to each employee in California once every two years.
INDUSTRIES THAT REQUIRE THIS COURSE
This sexual harassment prevention training course is designed for employee-level workplace personnel. Per the State of California, all businesses with more than five employees are required to provide one hour of sexual harassment and discrimination training for all non-supervisory employees and temporary workers who will be there longer than six months.
WHY CHOOSE HAZMAT SCHOOL?
Hazmat School is proud to offer top-quality online interactive harassment training for employees of California businesses. Our certified harassment training online is fully accredited and available in a convenient format. Contact us today and register for our harassment prevention training courses.
Group & Government Discounts
On-Call 24/7 Remote Instructor Help
Useful Links & Reference Books Included With Courses
Corporate Accounts For Managing & Enrolling Groups
100% Guaranteed To Meet Your Regulatory Requirements