RCRA Hazardous Waste Generator Training (4 Hour)
|TIME TO COMPLETE:||Approximately 4 hours|
|CONTINUING EDUCATION:||0.4 CEUs, 4 contact hours|
|ACCOUNT ACTIVE FOR:||30 days|
|REGULATIONS SATISFIED::||40 CFR 262.16, 262.17 &|
40 CFR 265.16
|NOTE:||Satisfies hazardous waste generator training needs in 49 states. (Please see Course #1398 for California.)|
Max Subscription Days: 30 Days
Subjects: ENGLISH COURSES EPA Hazardous Waste Courses
Price: US $125.00
Who should take this class?
To ensure the safety of individuals and the environment, the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) requires anyone who works around hazardous wastes to have training related to their job function. Do you manage hazardous waste at your site? Do you handle hazardous waste? Do you package, mark, or label hazardous waste? Do you store hazardous waste on site? Do you inspect hazardous waste storage areas? Do you fill out or sign hazardous waste manifests? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then our hazardous waste generator training is for you.
Our online RCRA hazardous waste generator course is designed to provide vital information to anyone who handles or manages hazardous waste while at work. This includes waste generators, supervisors, contractors, hazardous waste specialists and environmental compliance professionals.
Please note that this training course only covers requirements for 49 U.S. states. If you are a hazardous waste generator in the state of California, your requirements are different, and you need our California Hazardous Waste Generator course #1398 instead.
Industries That Require This Course
A number of different industries produce and handle hazardous waste as part of operations. This can include major industrial fields like mining, chemical manufacturing, petroleum refining and metal fabrication, as well as smaller industries.
A generator is defined as anyone who generates hazardous waste or engages in activities that bring hazardous waste under regulation. Generators fall into three main categories:
- Large quantity generators (LQGs): These generators produce at least 1,000 kilograms of hazardous waste every month. Alternately, an organization may be classified as an LQG if it generates more than one kilogram of acutely hazardous waste per month. These wastes are subject to more regulations because they are harmful enough to cause death, serious illness or injury.
- Small quantity generators (SQGs): Small quantity generators produce less waste than LQGs, but they still require certification for all workers involved with hazardous waste.
- Very small quantity generators (VSQGs): These are generators that produce no more than 100 kilograms of hazardous waste in a month. Small businesses may fall into this category. Although VSQGs are not explicitly required to receive certification for RCRA hazardous waste generators, training can help these organizations remain in compliance.
Our RCRA hazardous waste generator course can meet the needs of workers in a wide range of industries. Whether you work for an LQG, SQG or VSQG, training will prepare you to protect yourself, the environment and others from hazardous waste.
The structure and objectives of this course are based on compliance with RCRA 40 CFR, Parts 262.16, 262.17 and 265.16
- Define hazardous waste.
- Understand the background and need for hazardous waste regulations as per the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA).
- Define generation of hazardous waste.
- Understand RCRA waste classifications.
- Define the terms generator and co-generator.
- List the three classes of generators and know what episodic generator means.
- Understand how waste accumulation works including waste accumulation sites and satellite accumulation sites.
- Identify safety considerations when accumulating hazardous waste.
- Understand the basic toxicology and terminology relating to hazardous waste.
- Understand the importance of proper record keeping and reporting requirements for generators.
- Recognize a Uniform Hazardous Waste Manifest and what information is required.
- Be able to accurately fill out a Uniform Hazardous Waste Manifest.
- Discuss new regulations regarding universal hazardous waste.
- Understand the need for proper training and emergency response.
- Understand the differences between federal hazardous waste regulations and state hazardous waste agency regulations.
- Know the state hazardous waste agency for student’s state of residency.
- Meet the requirements of 40 CFR 262.34 (d)(5)(C)(iii) for certification as a hazardous waste handler.
What Regulations Does This Course Satisfy?
Our online RCRA Hazardous Waste course provides training and certification as a handler of hazardous waste for large or small quantities of hazardous waste according to the EPA regulations found in 40 CFR 262.16 (SQG), 262.17 (LQG) and 265.16, also known as the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, or RCRA.
This training satisfies hazardous waste generator training in 49 States (every state but California). Taking our online course also satisfies the annual RCRA Hazardous Waste Handler refresher training requirement. However, if you are signing off on a waste manifest you will also need to be DOT certified, since this is a DOT regulated document. Check out our combined DOT/RCRA course here.
Is RCRA Training Required Annually?
Annual RCRA training is required for hazardous waste workers at LQGs and recommended for workers at SQGs. Taking our online course satisfies the annual RCRA Hazardous Waste Handler refresher training requirement.
This course covers all the topics required for RCRA hazardous waste generator certification. You can expect to learn about RCRA waste classifications, basic toxicology, waste accumulation, record keeping and reporting requirements and more. You will also learn how to recognize and fill out a Uniform Hazardous Waste Manifest.
Students will have to go through all interactive modules in order to unlock the final exam at the end of the course. You will need a computer or iPad with Internet access and an email account. No text is required; all course materials are available online. The course will take approximately 4 hours to complete but you can come and go as you need.
Passing this course requires completing the multiple choice or true/false exam with a grade of 75% or better. If you do not receive a grade of at least 75% on the final quiz, you may retake the quiz up to a total of three (3) times.
COURSE SCHEDULE AND DEADLINES
The course is designed to be self-paced. You will have 30 days to complete it and can come and go as you need. After one month, you will need to re-enroll. Upon successful completion of the course you will receive a pdf certificate right away.
Accreditation, Certification and CEUs
When you complete this course, you will receive a RCRA hazardous waste generator certification which you can present as documentation of training. You may also receive 0.4 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) or four contact hours.
Group & Government Discounts
On-Call 24/7 Remote Instructor Help
Useful Links & Reference Books Included With Courses
Corporate Accounts For Managing & Enrolling Groups
100% Guaranteed To Meet Your Regulatory Requirements
Why Choose Hazmat School?
For many workers, RCRA training is mandatory. However, you do have the opportunity to choose what training course to take. At Hazmat School, we offer online courses designed to be engaging, affordable and convenient. We provide course materials online and give you 24/7 access to experienced remote instructors, so you’ll have everything you need to succeed.