OSHA's Silica in Construction for Employers or Competent Persons Training Course #1301
|DURATION:||Approximately 2 hours|
|COST PER PERSON:||$29|
|ACCESS TIME:||30 days|
|TYPE OF TRAINING:||PowerPoint with audio|
|REGULATIONS SATISFIED:||Meets the requirements for employers, supervisors and competent persons in OSHA’s new Silica in Construction standard found in 29 CFR 1926.1153.
*Employees can take our Silica in Construction for Workers Exposed to Silica #1300
Also available in Spanish.
Price: US $29.00
Crystalline silica particles found in building materials like sand, gravel, granite, sandstone, clay, concrete and more can pose health hazards to employees. When the particles are small enough to inhale, they might enter the lungs and cause severe health conditions. To protect those working with silica materials, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has set safety regulations.
This training course covers OSHA regulations for silica exposure to help employers and employees maintain workplace safety. Hazmat School offers affordable online training for companies and individuals to ensure safe operations when performing jobs with hazardous materials. In this course, you will learn the risks of silica dust inhalation, measures to prevent exposure and how to respond if an exposure happens.
Silica in Construction — Online Competent Person Training
This online training course uses a PowerPoint presentation with audio to instruct participants about silica dust and its dangers. After taking the course, participants receive a Silica in Construction certification signifying their ability to handle this hazardous material safely on job sites. The specifics of the class are as follows:
- 2 hours long
- 30 days of access to complete
- $29 per person (group discounts and discounts for government employees available)
The main advantage of this online class is that all participants have the flexibility to complete the course within their schedules. They are given a 30-day period in which they have access to the training materials, and during this time, they can complete instruction at their own pace without leaving home. Course participants also have access to 24/7 help from remote instructors to answer any questions.
Individuals who take the course benefit from the ability to advance their careers while remaining in compliance with OSHA mandates.
- Identify OSHA’s new Respirable Crystalline Silica Standard in Construction and its principal requirements.
- Explain what respirable crystalline silica is and the health hazards associated with it.
- Know the specific tasks in the workplace that could result in exposure to respirable crystalline silica.
- Know the types of control measures and respiratory protection for respirable crystalline silica.
- Recognize employer responsibilities and employee rights under the standard on respirable crystalline silica.
- Know the purpose of the medical surveillance program intended to monitor workers for exposure to silica.
What Regulations Does This Course Satisfy?
This crystalline silica competent person online training course is designed to meet the construction safety requirements set by OSHA’s Respirable Crystalline Silica Standard in Construction. The purpose of these OSHA standards is to ensure that all employers, supervisors and other competent personnel follow proper safety protocol for minimizing and addressing workers’ exposure to harmful crystalline silica dust.
This crystalline silica certification training course covers all of the essential facts and instructions related to crystalline silica risks and compliance with OSHA’s regulations. Topics covered in this course include:
- Following the crystalline silica safety guidelines outlined in OSHA’s 29 CFR 1925.1153
- Assessing employee silica exposure
- The different types of crystalline silica found in construction environments
- What to do in case of silica exposure
- Best practices for preventing heavy silica exposure in construction
- Symptoms of silica exposure
- Proper ventilation, respiration and cleaning protocols for crystalline silica-prone areas
- Components of a proper exposure control plan for construction sites
- How to test the air for silica concentrations
Crystalline silica awareness training courses cover the basic facts and safety protocols related to silica hazards in construction environments. Failure to properly train employers and employees in OSHA’s required crystalline silica safety standards can result in serious health problems for workers and potential legal trouble for employers.
Levels of Training
We offer the two levels of silica safety training required by OSHA, these being:
- Employer, supervisor and competent person training in construction industries
- Construction employee training
All employers and supervisory-level employees must partake in OSHA’s crystalline silica compliance training online or in a classroom setting.
- We can set you up with a corporate account so that you will have access to all employees’ course progress and course certificate
- We offer group discounts starting at six employees or more
- We will send you reminder emails
- Send us an email with employee names and emails, and we will take care of the enrollment process for you and send you the invoice
- Employees can take the training together but must log in to their own accounts to complete the exam. That way, they will receive their certification with their name on it.
- Materials: A computer or tablet with internet access and an email address to create an account. Enable Flash before beginning the course. All materials are available online, so you will not need a physical textbook. You can also download the course for simpler access.
- Grading: At the end of the 2-hour course, participants must take a 10-question multiple-choice or true-false exam. You pass when you achieve a score of 75% or better, and you can take the quiz a total of three (3) times.
- Schedule: You may complete the course according to your schedule within a 30-day period, pausing and resuming the instruction as needed. If the 30-day period expires, you must reenroll.
- Accreditation, certification and CEUS: The state of California requires that employers in construction have their supervisory employees and other competent persons receive silica dust accreditation to keep employees safe in areas where silica dust is present. After course completion, participants receive a PDF certificate immediately.
Who Should Take This Class?
Our Silica in Construction course offers employer, supervisor and competent person training online that covers nearly all places of construction employment in which a person may be exposed to or in charge of anyone exposed to rock, concrete and similar dusts.
Choose Hazmat School for OSHA Silica Training
At Hazmat School, we offer comprehensive CEUS training that helps employers comply with state and federal safety regulations. With 24/7 course availability for a month, our accredited online courses are user-friendly and flexible with your workforce’s schedule — and registering for an account with us is simple. Another benefit of courses offered by Hazmat School is the affordable price, as we charge less than many other companies that provide similar classes.
If you are an employer working in construction, this silica training course is an excellent option to maintain regulatory compliance and make sure your employees have the knowledge they need to stay safe on the job site. Schedule your crystalline silica training certification course with us today and start building a safer working environment.
Group & Government Discounts
On-Call 24/7 Remote Instructor Help
Useful Links & Reference Books Included With Courses
Corporate Accounts For Managing & Enrolling Groups
100% Guaranteed To Meet Your Regulatory Requirements
More OSHA Safety Courses
29 CFR 1915.1001,
29 CFR 1926.1101, and
AHERA 40 CFR 763.92(a)(1)