OSHA's Silica in Construction for Employers or Competent Persons Training Course #1301
|TIME TO COMPLETE:||Approximately 2 hours|
|COST PER PERSON:||$29|
|COURSE ACCESS TIME:||30 days|
|TYPE OF TRAINING:||PowerPoint with audio|
|REGULATIONS SATISFIED:||Meets the requirements for employers, supervisors and competent persons in OSHA’s new Silica in Construction standard found in 29 CFR 1926.1153.
*Employees can take our Silica in Construction for Workers Exposed to Silica #1300
Also available in Spanish.
Price: US $29.00
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS CLASS?
Our Silica in Construction course is intended for employers, supervisors and competent persons in nearly all places of construction employment in which they may be exposed to or in charge of anyone exposed to rock, concrete, and similar dusts.
INDUSTRIES THAT REQUIRE THIS COURSE
Crystalline silica awareness training is required for all types of construction industries. Since crystalline silica exposure is common across a wide range of construction environments, OSHA requires crystalline silica compliance training online or in-class for every construction business in the state of California.
Due to the high risk factor associated with concentrated or prolonged exposure to crystalline silica, OSHA requires that construction businesses receive proper silica awareness training.
1. Identify OSHA’s new Respirable Crystalline Silica Standard in Construction and it’s principal requirements.
2. Explain what respirable crystalline silica is and the health hazards associated with it.
3. Know the specific tasks in the workplace that could result in exposure to respirable crystalline silica.
4. Know the types of control measures and respiratory protection for respirable crystalline silica.
5. Recognize employer responsibilities and employee rights under the standard on respirable crystalline silica.
6. Know the purpose of the medical surveillance program intended to monitor workers for exposure to silica.
WHAT REGULATIONS DOES THIS COURSE SATISFY?
This crystalline silica competent person online training course is designed to meet the construction safety requirements set by OSHA’s Respirable Crystalline Silica Standard in Construction. The purpose of these OSHA standards is to ensure that all employers, supervisors and other competent personnel follow proper safety protocol for minimizing and addressing workers’ exposure to harmful crystalline silica dust.
This crystalline silica certification training course covers all of the essential facts and instructions related to crystalline silica risks and compliance with OSHA’s regulations. Topics covered in this course include:
- Following the crystalline silica safety guidelines outlined in OSHA’s 29 CFR 1925.1153
- Assessing employee silica exposure
- The different types of crystalline silica found in construction environments
- What to do in case of silica exposure
- Best practices for preventing heavy silica exposure in construction
- Symptoms of silica exposure
- Proper ventilation, respiration and cleaning protocols for crystalline silica-prone areas
- Components of a proper exposure control plan for construction sites
- How to test the air for silica concentrations
Crystalline silica awareness training courses cover the basic facts and safety protocols related to silica hazards in construction environments. Failure to properly train employers and employees in OSHA’s required crystalline silica safety standards can result in serious health problems for workers and potential legal trouble for employers.
LEVELS OF TRAINING
We offer the two levels of silica safety training required by OSHA, these being:
- Employer, supervisor and competent person training in construction industries
- Construction employee training
All employers and supervisory-level employees must partake in OSHA’s crystalline silica compliance training online or in a classroom setting.
Construction- All employees must be trained to the new standard by September 23rd, 2017.
General Industry & Maritime- All employees must be trained to the new standard by June 23rd, 2018.
Hydraulic Fracturing- All employees must be trained to the new standard by June 23rd, 2018.
- We can set you up with a corporate account so that you will have access to all employees course progress and course certificate
- We offer group discounts starting at 6 employees or more
- We will send you reminder emails
- Send us an email with employee names and emails and we will take care of the enrollment process for you and send you the invoice
- Employees can take the training together but must login to their own account to complete the exam that way they will receive their certification with their name on it.
You will need a computer or iPad with internet access and an email account. You will also need to make sure your flash is enabled. No text is required; all course materials are available online. The course will take approximately 2 hours to complete. You can download the course if needed also.
Passing this course requires completing the 10-question multiple-choice or true/false exam with a grade of 75% or better. If you do not receive a grade of at least 75% on the final quiz, you may retake the quiz up to a total of three (3) times.
COURSE SCHEDULE AND DEADLINES
The course is designed to be self-paced. You will have 30 days to complete it and can come and go as you need. After one month, you will need to re-enroll. Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a PDF certificate right away.
ACCREDITATION, CERTIFICATION AND CEUS
In order to follow the regulations set forth by the State of California regarding construction site safety, employers must have their supervisory employees and other competent persons complete an accredited OSHA crystalline silica awareness training course to help ensure the safety of employees working in areas in which crystalline silica dust may be present.
Once the course is successfully completed, participants will immediately receive a certificate of completion in PDF format. Our program offers the advantage of an online learning format and a window for course completion that flexes with busy schedules. This continuing education program also helps construction businesses maintain a safe environment for their employees.
WHY CHOOSE HAZMAT SCHOOL?
At Hazmat School, we offer comprehensive CEUS training that helps employers comply with state and federal safety regulations. Our accredited online courses are user-friendly and flexible with your workforce’s schedule — and registering for an account with us is simple. Schedule your crystalline silica training certification course with us today and start building a safer working environment.
Group & Government Discounts
On-Call 24/7 Remote Instructor Help
Useful Links & Reference Books Included With Courses
Corporate Accounts For Managing & Enrolling Groups
100% Guaranteed To Meet Your Regulatory Requirements
More OSHA Safety Courses
29 CFR 1915.1001,
29 CFR 1926.1101, and
AHERA 40 CFR 763.92(a)(1)