OSHA's Silica in Construction for Employers or Competent Persons Training Course #1301
|TIME TO COMPLETE:||Approximately 2 hours|
|COST PER PERSON:||$29|
|ACCOUNT ACTIVE FOR:||30 days|
|TYPE OF TRAINING:||PowerPoint with audio|
|REGULATIONS SATISFIED:||Meets the requirements for employers, supervisors and competent persons in OSHA’s new Silica in Construction standard found in 29 CFR 1926.1153.
*Employees can take our Silica in Construction for Workers Exposed to Silica #1300
Also available in Spanish.
Max Subscription Days: 30 Days
Subjects: ENGLISH COURSES OSHA Safety Courses
Price: US $29.00
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS CLASS?
Our Silica in Construction course is intended for employers, supervisors and competent persons in nearly all places of construction employment in which they may be exposed to or in charge of anyone exposed to rock, concrete, and similar dusts.
1. Identify OSHA’s new Respirable Crystalline Silica Standard in Construction and it’s principal requirements.
2. Explain what respirable crystalline silica is and the health hazards associated with it.
3. Know the specific tasks in the workplace that could result in exposure to respirable crystalline silica.
4. Know the types of control measures and respiratory protection for respirable crystalline silica.
5. Recognize employer responsibilities and employee rights under the standard on respirable crystalline silica.
6. Know the purpose of the medical surveillance program intended to monitor workers for exposure to silica.
Construction- All employees must be trained to the new standard by September 23rd, 2017.
General Industry & Maritime- All employees must be trained to the new standard by June 23rd, 2018.
Hydraulic Fracturing- All employees must be trained to the new standard by June 23rd, 2018.
- We can set you up with a corporate account so that you will have access to all employees course progress and course certificate
- We offer group discounts starting at 6 employees or more
- We will send you reminder emails
- Send us an email with employee names and emails and we will take care of the enrollment process for you and send you the invoice
- Employees can take the training together but must login to their own account to complete the exam that way they will receive their certification with their name on it.
You will need a computer or iPad with internet access and an email account. You will also need to make sure your flash is enabled. No text is required; all course materials are available online. The course will take approximately 2 hours to complete. You can download the course if needed also.
Passing this course requires completing the 10 question multiple choice or true/false exam with a grade of 75% or better. If you do not receive a grade of at least 75% on the final quiz, you may retake the quiz up to a total of three (3) times.
COURSE SCHEDULE AND DEADLINES
The course is designed to be self-paced. You will have 30 days to complete it and can come and go as you need. After one month, you will need to re-enroll. Upon successful completion of the course you will receive a pdf certificate right away.