OSHA's Silica in Construction Training Course
|TIME TO COMPLETE:||Approximately 45 mins – 1 hour|
|COST PER PERSON:||$20|
|ACCOUNT ACTIVE FOR:||30 days|
|TYPE OF TRAINING:||Powerpoint with audio|
|REGULATIONS SATISFIED:||Meets the requirements for OSHA’s new Silica in Construction standard found in 29 CFR 1926.1153.
*Employers, supervisors, or competent Persons should take our Silica in Construction for Employers or Competent Persons course #1301
Max Subscription Days: 30 Days
Subjects: ENGLISH COURSES OSHA Safety Courses
Price: US $20.00
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS CLASS?
Our Silica in Construction course is intended for employees in nearly all places of construction employment in which they may be exposed to rock, concrete, and similar dusts.
1. Identify OSHA’s new Respirable Crystalline Silica Standard found in Construction in 29 CFR 1926.1153 and its principal requirements.
2. Explain what respirable crystalline silica is and the health hazards associated with it.
3. Know the specific tasks in the workplace that could result in exposure to respirable crystalline silica.
4. Know the types of control measures and respiratory protection for respirable crystalline silica.
5. Recognize employer responsibilities and employee rights under the standard on respirable crystalline silica.
You will need a computer or iPad with internet access and an email account. You will also need to make sure your flash is enabled. No text is required; all course materials are available online. The course will take approximately 1 hour to complete. You can download the course if needed also.
Passing this course requires completing the 10 question multiple choice or true/false exam with a grade of 75% or better. If you do not receive a grade of at least 75% on the final quiz, you may retake the quiz up to a total of three (3) times.
HOW LONG WILL I HAVE TO COMPLETE THIS COURSE?
The course is designed to be self-paced. You will have 30 days to complete it and can come and go as you need. After one month, you will need to re-enroll. Upon successful completion of the course you will receive a pdf certificate right away.