OSHA's Silica in Construction Training Course
|TIME TO COMPLETE:||Approximately 45 mins – 1 hour|
|COST PER PERSON:||$20|
|ACCOUNT ACTIVE FOR:||30 days|
|TYPE OF TRAINING:||Powerpoint with audio|
|REGULATIONS SATISFIED:||Meets the requirements for OSHA’s new Silica in Construction standard found in 29 CFR 1926.1153.
*Employers, supervisors, or competent Persons should take our Silica in Construction for Employers or Competent Persons course #1301
Subjects: OSHA Safety Courses
Price: US $20.00
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS CLASS?
Our Silica in Construction course is intended for employees in nearly all places of construction employment in which they may be exposed to rock, concrete, and similar dusts.
1. Identify OSHA’s new Respirable Crystalline Silica Standard found in Construction in 29 CFR 1926.1153 and its principal requirements.
2. Explain what respirable crystalline silica is and the health hazards associated with it.
3. Know the specific tasks in the workplace that could result in exposure to respirable crystalline silica.
4. Know the types of control measures and respiratory protection for respirable crystalline silica.
5. Recognize employer responsibilities and employee rights under the standard on respirable crystalline silica.
INDUSTRIES THAT REQUIRE THIS COURSE
OSHA requires proper training for all businesses in the construction and maritime industries as well as any other general industries where workers may be exposed to silica. Silica training courses and silica awareness courses help prevent employee injury and health problems that could arise from exposure to and improper handling of silica or silica-laced materials.
Silica dust poses a serious health risk to employees across many industries, but the construction industry must follow especially strict OSHA guidelines, which include silica training courses, due to the increased risk of silica exposure on the job site.
The ultimate goal of our silica compliance training online is to help businesses in the construction, maritime and general sectors improve job site safety by preventing and properly handling employee exposure to silica. In our silica awareness training course for employees in the construction industry, we set the following objectives:
- Preparing workers in the construction industry to properly handle materials containing silica and silica-laden environments
- Educating employers in the construction industry on how to keep silica levels in working environments as close to the action level as possible (25 micrograms per square meter of workspace)
- Providing construction workers with a thorough understanding of the safety risks involved with silica exposure
- Educating construction workers and employers on the state and federal regulations regarding crystalline silica exposure on the job site.
WHAT REGULATIONS DOES THIS COURSE SATISFY?
The silica training courses we offer are designed to satisfy the requirements of OSHA’s 29 CFR 1926.1153, which requires businesses in the construction industries to limit worker exposure to silica.
While earning our silica training certification, construction employees will learn about the following silica safety topics:
- Different forms of silica and their health risks
- How to identify respirable and visible silica dust
- Plans for silica exposure control
- Proper protective clothing and equipment
- The components of a silica exposure and protection plan
- Silica testing basics
- What to do after silica exposure
- Housekeeping practices for minimizing silica exposure
- Dust collection systems, respiratory protection, ventilation systems and other environmental safety controls
- Any other essential silica safety topics required for silica training certification
LEVELS OF TRAINING
OSHA requires silica safety and awareness training for all employers and employees in the California construction sector and any general industries where workers are at risk for silica exposure. We offer silica training courses for the following levels:
- Silica compliance training online for employers and supervisors
- Silica compliance training online for employees
You will need a computer or iPad with internet access and an email account. You will also need to make sure your flash is enabled. No text is required; all course materials are available online. The course will take approximately 1 hour to complete. You can also download the course if needed.
Passing this course requires completing the 10 question multiple choice or true/false exam with a grade of 75% or better. If you do not receive a grade of at least 75% on the final quiz, you may retake the quiz up to a total of three (3) times.
HOW LONG WILL I HAVE TO COMPLETE THIS COURSE?
The course is designed to be self-paced. You will have 30 days to complete it and can come and go as you need. After one month, you will need to re-enroll. Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a PDF certificate right away.
COURSE SCHEDULE AND DEADLINES
Our Silica in Construction Training can be completed within 30 days of purchase. If the course is not completed with a passing grade within 30 days, the participant must re-enroll.
ACCREDITATION, CERTIFICATION AND CEUS
We offer silica training courses that meet OSHA’s requirements for personnel in the construction industry. Upon passing this silica training certification course, participants will receive an immediate PDF certificate.
WHY CHOOSE HAZMAT SCHOOL?
The Hazmat School offers comprehensive safety training for professionals in a wide range of industries. To sign up for your OSHA-accredited silica awareness training course, register for an online account today and contact us with any questions.
Group & Government Discounts
On-Call 24/7 Remote Instructor Help
Useful Links & Reference Books Included With Courses
Corporate Accounts For Managing & Enrolling Groups
100% Guaranteed To Meet Your Regulatory Requirements
More OSHA Safety Courses
29 CFR 1915.1001,
29 CFR 1926.1101, and
AHERA 40 CFR 763.92(a)(1)