OSHA Respiratory Protection Training (2 Hour)
Do you wear a respirator at your job?
Our online OSHA Respiratory Protection course is based on the OSHA regulations as outlined in 29 CFR, Part 1910.134. Anyone who wears a respirator including some paper masks must be trained prior to wearing the respirator. The course helps to satisfy this OSHA requirement and provides information to help you select the correct respirator, understand how to protect yourself, clean and maintain your equipment and what other requirements OSHA places on those who wear respirators. Our online OSHA Respiratory Protection certification course will take approximately two-hours and satisfies the initial training requirements or can be taken as an OSHA Respiratory Protection refresher training course which is required annually.
The structure and objectives of this online OSHA Respiratory Protection training course are centered around fulfilling the requirements outlined in the HAZWOPER regulation. Upon successful completion of this course the student shall have satisfied the requirements for training in accordance with 29 CFR 1910.134 and other similar state OSHA regulations and will demonstrate competency and have an understanding of:
- Why a respirator is necessary.
- What makes up respiratory protection.
- What the limitations and capabilities of the respirator are.
- How to use the respirator effectively including emergency situations or when the respirator malfunctions.
- How improper fit, usage, or maintenance can compromise the protective effect of the respirator.
- An understanding of how to inspect, put on, remove, use, and check the seals of the respirator.
- What are the proper procedures for maintenance and storage of the respirator.
- How to recognize medical signs and symptoms that may limit or prevent the effective use of respirators.
- What the required elements of a Respiratory Protection Program are.
- The general requirements of 29 CFR 1910.134.
Students may have to complete review sections along the way and a final exam at the end of the course. You will need a computer or iPad with Internet access and an email account. No text is required; all course materials are available online. The course will take approximately 2 hours to complete.
Passing this course requires completing the multiple choice or true/false exam with a grade of 75% or better. If you do not receive a grade of at least 75% on the final quiz, you may retake the quiz up to a total of three (3) times.
COURSE SCHEDULE AND DEADLINES
The course is designed to be self-paced. You will have 30 days to complete it and can come and go as you need. After one month, you will need to re-enroll. Upon successful completion of the course you will receive a pdf certificate right away.