OSHA Asbestos Awareness Training (2 Hour)
|TIME TO COMPLETE:||Approximately 2 hours|
|CONTINUING EDUCATION:||0.2 CEUs, 2 contact hours|
|ACCOUNT ACTIVE FOR:||30 days|
|REGULATIONS SATISFIED:||29 CFR 1910.1001,
29 CFR 1915.1001,
29 CFR 1926.1101, and
AHERA 40 CFR 763.92(a)(1)
|NOTE:||Additional training beyond this course is needed if you disturb asbestos containing materials(ACMs) by such tasks as drilling, sanding, cutting, chipping or otherwise handling an ACM that is not intact.|
Max Subscription Days: 30 Days
Subjects: ENGLISH COURSES OSHA Safety Courses
Price: US $45.00
Do you work in or around areas that may contain asbestos?
Our online OSHA Asbestos Awareness training course is best suited for the following individuals:
- General industry, construction industry and maritime workers;
- Maintenance or custodial employees that work in a building or on a ship that contains Asbestos Containing Materials (ACMs);
- A construction manager, engineer or tradesman that works in pre-1981 buildings or buildings with known ACMs;
- Supervisors or administrative staff that work in schools or other buildings with ACMs;
- Property or apartment managers that own or manage pre-1981 buildings or buildings with known ACMs;
- Current or prospective homeowners that are seeking knowledge about asbestos;
- Anyone who wants a base knowledge about asbestos.
Upon completion of this Asbestos Awareness Training Course, you should know:
- What asbestos is, where it comes from and why it has been used so much.
- The potential health effects of asbestos.
- Where asbestos containing materials (ACM) and potential asbestos containing materials (PACM) are commonly found.
- Proper precautions and work practices when working around asbestos.
- How to recognize asbestos hazards due to damage or deterioration.
- Appropriate response to an asbestos fiber release.
- What OSHA regulations apply to workers who work with or work around asbestos and what aspects of those regulations affect you or your company.
Students may have to complete review sections along the way and a final exam at the end of the course. You will need a computer or iPad with Internet access and an email account. No text is required; all course materials are available online. The course will take approximately 2 hours to complete.
Passing this course requires completing the multiple choice or true/false exam with a grade of 75% or better. If you do not receive a grade of at least 75% on the final quiz, you may retake the quiz up to a total of three (3) times.
COURSE SCHEDULE AND DEADLINES
The course is designed to be self-paced. You will have 30 days to complete it and can come and go as you need. After one month, you will need to re-enroll. Upon successful completion of the course you will receive a pdf certificate right away.