OSHA HAZWOPER Annual Refresher PLUS (8 Hour)
|TIME TO COMPLETE:||Approximately 8 hours|
|CONTINUING EDUCATION:||0.8 CEUs, 8 contact hours|
|ACCOUNT ACTIVE FOR:||60 days|
|REGULATIONS SATISFIED:||29 CFR 1910.120 (e) and
29 CFR 1910.120 (p)
|PREREQUISITES:||Students will have previously taken a 40-hr or 24-hr OSHA Hazardous Waste Worker course and will have a valid unexpired certificate.|
|REFRESH AGAIN:||1 year|
|TYPE OF TRAINING:||This course is an interactive power point with audio and video. Students can come and go from the course as they need and will have 60 days to complete it.|
Max Subscription Days: 60 Days
Subjects: ENGLISH COURSES HAZWOPER Annual Refreshers HAZWOPER Courses
Price: US $110.00
Tired of the same old OSHA? Want to see something new? Perhaps you’ve even taken our basic online OSHA Hazwoper Refresher course #936 before. Well, now you have a choice! Our OSHA Hazwoper Annual Refresher Plus, #1088, has expanded content, new material, fresh images and the same quality you have come to expect from the Online Hazmat School. This enhanced OSHA Annual Hazwoper Refresher course is filled with new materials and a different slant on things that you have seen before. Using some simple animations, the new program will help guide you through some of the more complex materials.
What have our previous refresher students said?
- “Excellent course”- Ft. Benning, GA
- “It was self-paced and didn’t require me to take time out of the office.”- San Diego, CA
- “It was a good way to get my 8-hr done on my time. Good idea. ” – Dublin, OH
- “I really liked the QA in each section.” – Union City, CA
- “Much better than the real classes I have been having to sit through. ” – Anaheim, CA
- “likes: The self pace study and resources of the glossary”, – Roseburg, OR
- “It was all well done.” – Knoxville, TN
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS CLASS?
Everyone who has taken the 24- or 40- hour OSHA Hazwoper course knows that they are required to maintain their certification by taking an eight-hour annual refresher course. This self-paced program is full of interactive exercises and activities to help you meet that OSHA requirement. All of the information is delivered in a straightforward manner, with the ability to take it as time permits.
This program meets the competencies outlined in the OSHA regulation.
- Meet the requirements for certification of 29 CFR, Part 1910.120 or other applicable state regulations for certification in hazardous materials/waste worker.
- Understand the various training regulations relating to hazardous materials handling and response.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the types of hazardous materials and the various hazards and risks associated with them.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the routes of entry for hazardous materials to enter the body.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the health effects that hazardous materials can have on the body.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the terminology used in describing hazardous materials including vapor pressure, vapor density, specific gravity, miscibility/solubility, carcinogen, teratogen, mutagen, pH, PPM, etiologic, TLV, IDLH, flammable/explosive range, combustible, flammable, flash point, and ignition temperature.
- Demonstrate an ability to identify the hazards of various hazardous materials using the Department of Transportation (DOT) Labeling system, National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 704 system, Hazardous Materials Information System (HMIS), and Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Understand the need for personal protective equipment when using hazardous materials.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the need for respiratory equipment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the advantages and disadvantages to the types of respiratory equipment.
- Understand emergency activities related to hazardous materials releases and of their role in the event of an emergency.
- Review site specific issues and incidents
Students will have to go through all modules in order to unlock the final exam at the end of the course. You will need a computer or iPad with Internet access and an email account. No text is required; all course materials are available online. The course will take approximately 4 hours to complete but you can come and go as you need.
Passing this course requires completing the multiple choice or true/false exam with a grade of 75% or better. If you do not receive a grade of at least 75% on the final quiz, you may retake the quiz up to a total of three (3) times.
COURSE SCHEDULE AND DEADLINES
The course is designed to be self-paced. You will have 30 days to complete it and can come and go as you need. After one month, you will need to re-enroll. Upon successful completion of the course you will receive a pdf certificate right away.