OSHA HAZWOPER Annual Refresher PLUS (8 Hour)
|DURATION:||Approximately 8 hours|
|CONTINUING EDUCATION:||0.8 CEUs, 8 contact hours|
|COURSE ACCESS TIME:||60 days|
|REGULATIONS SATISFIED:||29 CFR 1910.120 (e) (p) (q)|
|PREREQUISITES:||Students will have previously taken a 40-hr or 24-hr OSHA Hazardous Waste Worker course and will have a valid unexpired certificate.|
|REFRESH AGAIN:||1 year|
|TYPE OF TRAINING:||This course is an interactive power point with audio and video. Students can come and go from the course as they need and will have 60 days to complete it.|
Subjects: OSHA HAZWOPER Annual Refreshers
Price: US $77.00
Tired of the same old OSHA? Want to see something new? Perhaps you’ve even taken our basic online OSHA Hazwoper Refresher course #936 before. Well, now you have a choice! Our OSHA Hazwoper Annual Refresher Plus, #1088, has expanded content, new material, fresh images and the same quality you have come to expect from the Online Hazmat School. This enhanced OSHA Annual Hazwoper Refresher course is filled with new materials and a different slant on things that you have seen before. Using some simple animations, the new program will help guide you through some of the more complex materials.
What have our previous refresher students said?
- “Excellent course”- Ft. Benning, GA
- “It was self-paced and didn’t require me to take time out of the office.”- San Diego, CA
- “It was a good way to get my 8-hr done on my time. Good idea. ” – Dublin, OH
- “I really liked the QA in each section.” – Union City, CA
- “Much better than the real classes I have been having to sit through. ” – Anaheim, CA
- “likes: The self pace study and resources of the glossary”, – Roseburg, OR
- “It was all well done.” – Knoxville, TN
Who Should Take This Class?
Everyone who has taken the 24- or 40- hour OSHA Hazwoper course knows that they are required to maintain their certification by taking an eight-hour annual refresher course. This self-paced program is full of interactive exercises and activities to help you meet that OSHA requirement. All of the information is delivered in a straightforward manner, with the ability to take it as time permits.
Industries That Require This Course
Our 8-hour Hazwoper refresher course is intended for workers, managers and supervisors who are exposed to hazardous substances and who are responsible for the storage, treatment or disposal of those substances. Like initial Hazwoper training, workers in a wide range of industries can benefit from this course, including:
- Emergency response
- Hazardous materials handling
- Hazardous waste treatment, storage and disposal
- Uncontrolled hazardous waste site operations
Keep in mind that Hazwoper training is primarily designed to protect workers who may come into contact with uncontrolled hazardous waste, such as during a chemical emergency or when cleaning up a site with a potential chemical legacy. Most workers at controlled sites like manufacturing plants, waste collection facilities and water treatments plants do not require Hazwoper training.
If you’re not sure whether you need Hazwoper refresher training, check with your employer.
This program meets the following competencies outlined in the OSHA regulation:
- Meet the requirements for certification of 29 CFR, Part 1910.120 or other applicable state regulations for certification in hazardous materials/waste worker.
- Understand the various training regulations relating to hazardous materials handling and response.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the types of hazardous materials and the various hazards and risks associated with them.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the routes of entry for hazardous materials to enter the body.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the health effects that hazardous materials can have on the body.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the terminology used in describing hazardous materials, including vapor pressure, vapor density, specific gravity, miscibility/solubility, carcinogen, teratogen, mutagen, pH, PPM, etiologic, TLV, IDLH, flammable/explosive range, combustible, flammable, flash point, and ignition temperature.
- Demonstrate an ability to identify the hazards of various hazardous materials using the Department of Transportation (DOT) Labeling system, National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 704 system, Hazardous Materials Information System (HMIS), and Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Understand the need for personal protective equipment when using hazardous materials.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the need for respiratory equipment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the advantages and disadvantages to the types of respiratory equipment.
- Understand emergency activities related to hazardous materials releases and of their role in the event of an emergency.
- Review site specific issues and incidents.
What Regulations Does This Course Satisfy?
Our 8-hour Hazwoper certification refresher course satisfies the certification requirements outlined in OSHA 29 CFR, Part 1910.120. These regulations require individuals working at hazardous waste sites to complete approximately eight hours of refresher training annually to maintain Hazwoper certification.
This 8-hour Hazwoper annual refresher course covers all the topics required by OSHA regulations. You’ll learn about different types of hazardous materials, different levels of protection, emergency activities related to hazardous materials and much more. After you’ve completed your refresher course, you should feel confident in your understanding of hazardous materials and your ability to protect yourself, the environment and others.
When you enroll in our course, you’ll get access to videos and other online Hazwoper refresher training materials that make learning simple. We also have experienced remote instructors available to answer your questions and provide support around the clock. Although you will need to complete a Hazwoper refresher test after your eight hours of training, you’ll have all the tools you need to succeed.
Students will have to go through all modules in order to unlock the final exam at the end of the course. You will need a computer or iPad with Internet access and an email account. No text is required; all course materials are available online. The course will take approximately 4 hours to complete but you can come and go as you need.
Passing this course requires completing the multiple choice or true/false exam with a grade of 75% or better. If you do not receive a grade of at least 75% on the final quiz, you may retake the quiz up to a total of three (3) times.
Course Schedule and Deadlines
The course is designed to be self-paced. You will have 30 days to complete it and can come and go as you need. After one month, you will need to re-enroll. Upon successful completion of the course you will receive a pdf certificate right away.
Accreditation, Certification and CEUs
Upon successful completion of the 8-hour Hazwoper annual refresher PLUS course, you will receive a certificate that OSHA will accept as documentation of training. If you are pursuing training as part of continuing education, the course counts as 0.8 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) or eight contact hours.
Why Choose Hazmat School?
You may be required to renew your Hazwoper certification, but you can still choose what training course to take! Online training through Hazmat School is convenient and affordable. With innovative and engaging materials available entirely online, you can learn at your own pace over 60 days and expand your understanding of hazardous waste operations and emergency response. We also beat any price and offer group discounts to ensure everyone can get the refresher training they need to work safely.
Renewing your Hazwoper certification allows you to continue or begin working on hazardous waste sites with the latest information fresh in your mind. Register for our 8-hour annual refresher course today or contact us with any questions you may have about this course or our other training options.
Group & Government Discounts
On-Call 24/7 Remote Instructor Help
Useful Links & Reference Books Included With Courses
Corporate Accounts For Managing & Enrolling Groups
100% Guaranteed To Meet Your Regulatory Requirements