OSHA 8 Hour Hazardous Waste Supervisor Training
|TIME TO COMPLETE:||Approximately 8 hours|
|CONTINUING EDUCATION:||0.8 CEUs, 8 contact hours|
|ACCOUNT ACTIVE FOR:||60 days|
|REGULATIONS SATISFIED:||29 CFR 1910.120|
|PREREQUISITES:||Students will have previously taken a 40-hr or 24-hr OSHA Hazardous Waste Worker course and will have a valid unexpired certificate.|
Max Subscription Days: 60 Days
Subjects: ENGLISH COURSES HAZWOPER Courses
Price: US $99.00
Are you someone who supervises the activities of those who have 24 or 40 hour HAZWOPER certifications?
If you do supervise either General or Occasional Site Workers, OSHA requires that you take this additional Hazardous Waste Supervisor training program. Like our other online hazardous material courses, it too is filled with exercises and interactive projects that help you to learn the material in a self-paced manner. Upon completion of the OSHA Hazardous Waste Supervisor training course, an OSHA 8 Hour Hazardous Waste Supervisor certificate is issued that shows that you have fully satisfied the OSHA requirements for a Hazardous Waste Supervisor.
Don’t forget! A Supervisor course does not satisfy your annual Hazwoper refresher requirement.
What have our previous students said?
“Convenient and great material.” – Las Vegas, NV
“I also liked the thorough discussions about what the supervisor regs are and how they apply.” – San Jose, CA
“I thought it would be too easy, but I really learned new stuff.” – Lansdowne, PA
“It was much more effective than a scheduled class.” – Raleigh, NC
This program meets the competencies outlined in the OSHA regulation.
- Meet the requirements of 29 CFR, Part 1910.120 and other applicable state regulations for certification as Hazardous Waste Supervisor.
- Understand the various laws relating to hazardous materials handling and response.
- Review the role of the Supervisor at the hazardous waste site.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the elements of a site safety plan and how to implement it at the hazardous waste site.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop a site safety plan.
- Demonstrate a more in-depth knowledge of the following topics:
- Principles of medical surveillance
- Selection and use of personal protective equipment
- Spill containment programs
- Health hazard monitoring techniques
- Training programs required for workers on hazardous waste sites
- Decontamination activities
Students will have to go through all modules in order to unlock the final exam at the end of the course. You will need a computer or iPad with Internet access and an email account. No text is required; all course materials are available online. The course will take approximately 8 hours to complete but you can come and go as you need.
Passing this course requires completing the multiple choice or true/false exam with a grade of 75% or better. If you do not receive a grade of at least 75% on the final quiz, you may retake the quiz up to a total of three (3) times.
COURSE SCHEDULE AND DEADLINES
The course is designed to be self-paced. You will have 60 days to complete it and can come and go as you need. After two months, you will need to re-enroll. Upon successful completion of the course you will receive a pdf certificate right away.