OSHA 24-Hour HAZWOPER Training
|TIME TO COMPLETE:||Approximately 24 hours, All Online|
|CONTINUING EDUCATION:||2.4 CEUs, 24 contact hours|
|ACCOUNT ACTIVE FOR:||90 days|
|REGULATIONS SATISFIED:||29 CFR 1910.120 (e)|
|PREREQUISITES:||None. This is the basic course for workers new to the field of hazardous waste.|
|REFRESH AGAIN:||1 year|
Max Subscription Days: 90 Days
Subjects: ENGLISH COURSES HAZWOPER Courses
Price: US $349.00
Does your work area have hazardous waste materials?
Does your job require an OSHA 24-Hour HAZWOPER Occasional Site Worker certificate?
Do you occasionally work with or are in contact with hazardous wastes?
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS CLASS?
If you answered “yes” to any of the questions above, this course is the right course for you. Our online OSHA 24-Hour HAZWOPER course fulfills the training requirements for certification under 29 CFR, Part 1910.120 (e) as an Occasional Site Worker. OSHA HAZWOPER 24-Hour training and certification is needed if you work in any of the following capacities:
- Someone who works at a hazardous waste clean up site on an occasional basis like an engineer, project manager, or a surveyor
- Someone who regularly works with, or cleans up hazardous materials or wastes with exposures within “permissible” levels and that do not require the use of respiratory protection
“The text was easy to read and understand. I really liked the interaction with the instructor via email.
I also liked the idea that I could take my time and spread out my hours spent over many days if needed.” – Sebastopol, CA
Further, if you regularly work with hazardous materials in almost any capacity and have never been exposed to HAZWOPER training or learned about OSHA standards, the 24-Hour HAZWOPER courses provide you with all the information that you will need to work safely with these materials. We cover safety, emergency response, and regulatory compliance information to give students the tools they need to competently assess, manage, and solve real life situations. Many organizations mandate HAZWOPER training for employees whose job requirements involve the handling, storage, transportation, or use of hazardous materials and wastes. Simply put, if you work with hazardous substances in the workplace, you will benefit from this program.
What You Get:
- Our e-book, “Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response”
- An OSHA 24 Hour Hazwoper Certificate of training
- Email consult with our EH&S professional Remote Instructors
- Three months to finish
- Annual OSHA Hazwoper refresher reminders
- Useful reference links
- Safe, secure registration
Our Online 24 Hour HAZWOPER training certification course fulfills your requirements for certification under 29 CFR, Part 1910.120 (e), or other applicable state regulations for certification to the 24-hour Occasional Site Worker level. Receive 2.4 CEUs and an OSHA 24 Hour HAZWOPER Certificate documenting compliance with the OSHA requirement for classroom training.
This program meets the competencies outlined in the OSHA regulation. After completion, students will have a complete fundamental understanding of safety and health hazards pertaining to hazardous waste. This includes safe work practices and procedures for hazardous waste operations. Following this 24-Hour HAZWOPER course, students should be able to:
- Meet the requirements for certification of 29 CFR, Part 1910.120 (e) or other applicable state regulations for certification to the 24-hour Occasional Site Worker level.
- Understand the various training regulations relating to hazardous materials handling and response. Know which activities can be performed at what level of certification.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the types of hazardous materials and the various hazards and risks associated with them.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the routes of entry for hazardous materials to enter the body.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the health effects that hazardous materials can have on the body.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the terminology used in describing hazardous materials including vapor density, specific gravity, miscibility/solubility, carcinogen, teratogen, mutagen, pH, PPM, TLV, IDLH, flammable/explosive range, combustible, flammable, flash point, and ignition temperature.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the primary identification systems including the Department of Transportation (DOT) system, National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 704 system, and Hazardous Materials Information System (HMIS).
- Understand the need for personal protective equipment when using hazardous materials.
- Identify the levels of protective clothing used in hazardous waste operations.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the need for respiratory equipment and of the advantages and disadvantages to the types of respiratory equipment.
- Review work practices that can be used to minimize the risks commonly found at waste sites.
- Review the safe use of engineering controls in the elimination and control of hazards.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of decontamination and of the types of decontamination practices commonly used at waste site activities.
- List the hazards of confined space operations and the types of procedures to minimize them.
- Review activities related to containment of spills to minimize their effects on personnel and the environment.
Students will have to go through all modules in order to unlock the final exam at the end of the course. You will need a computer or iPad with Internet access and an email account. No text is required; all course materials are available online. The course will take approximately 24 hours to complete but you can come and go as you need.
Passing this course requires completing the multiple choice or true/false exam with a grade of 75% or better. If you do not receive a grade of at least 75% on the final quiz, you may retake the quiz up to a total of three (3) times.
COURSE SCHEDULE AND DEADLINES
The course is designed to be self-paced. You will have 90 days to complete it and can come and go as you need. After three months, you will need to re-enroll. Featuring interactive exercises, industry-specific examples, and audio narration, this course will help you learn everything you need to know about hazardous material management and the hazardous waste regulations that are set by OSHA and other federal safety agencies. Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a pdf certificate right away.
WHY CHOOSE HAZMAT SCHOOL?
If you work in an environment where hazardous materials are present and require fast and thorough hazmat certification, we have the right courses for you. All of our courses provide training that fully satisfies OSHA, DOT, and EPA requirements. You will graduate with the confidence and skills you need to avoid fines, citations, and workplace injuries. Serving more than 20,000 students every year, our friendly, professional instructors go above and beyond to ensure each student receives an amazing and memorable learning experience on the road to certification and workplace safety.
Hazmat School’s online training solutions are designed to build a comprehensive safety culture and meet your organization’s compliance goals at the best value for your money. To enroll in your next course, give us a call at 877-OSHA-NOW (674-2669). We are also available to answer any questions or comments. We look forward to hearing from you!