Online EPA Hazardous Waste Training Courses and Certification
Working with hazardous waste requires specialized training to ensure safety. The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has implemented stringent standards that all individuals and entities must adhere to when working with these materials.
Hazmat School is your one-stop source for hazardous waste training to ensure compliance with all relevant EPA regulations. Our programs are available online for your convenience.
Our Courses Meet EPA Regulations
The Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) from 1976 governs the disposal of hazardous waste and solid waste in the U.S. This law stipulates that all waste operations workers must complete an EPA-approved training program covering appropriate hazardous waste management procedures.
Completing our online EPA hazardous waste training enables you to satisfy the RCRA requirements. You’ll acquire the knowledge needed to be prepared and safe on the job.
Why Are Hazardous Waste Courses Important?
EPA hazardous waste training is essential for several reasons:
- Ensures compliance: Completing our certification program helps you stay RCRA-compliant and avoid potentially costly penalties.
- Increases knowledge: You’ll develop expertise that will be invaluable on the job.
- Reduces the damage risk: The training can help you implement improved practices that help avoid potentially costly workplace accidents.
- Promotes safety: Adhering to regulated health and safety standards protects workers by preventing injuries.
- Protects the environment: Learning how to treat, store and dispose of hazardous waste properly reduces the likelihood of environmental damage.
About Our Courses
Our hazardous waste training course offerings apply to two types of waste generators:
- RCRA: This course satisfies the federal training requirements regarding compliance with all relevant RCRA mandates. It is suitable for anyone who generates, stores, treats, manages and completes a hazardous waste manifest in every U.S. state except for California.
- California Title 22: This waste training program enables California workers to meet the more stringent state-specific requirements.
Our courses provide training regarding the requirements for three types of hazardous waste generators:
- Very small quantity: Produces no more than 100 kilograms of hazardous waste or 1 kilogram of acutely hazardous waste per month
- Small quantity generators: Generates over 100 but less than 1,000 kilograms per month
- Large quantity generators: Produces 1,000 kilograms or more of hazardous waste per month
Hazardous Waste Training FAQs
Generally, anyone who works at or oversees operations at a waste management facility must complete the training.
Annual training is mandatory for personnel at large-quantity generator facilities. The same time interval is considered a best practice at small-quantity facilities.
Eligible individuals who have completed the appropriate training can sign an RCRA manifest, but there is no specific training required to sign.
Why Choose Us for Hazardous Waste Training?
Our courses provide a fast, affordable, convenient training solution. You can work at your own pace whenever it’s convenient. You’ll instantly receive your certificate upon successful completion of the program.
Call Hazmat School at 877-674-2669 or check out our courses online to learn more.