California Title 22 Hazardous Waste Generator Training (4 Hour)
|TIME TO COMPLETE:||Approximately 4 hours|
|CONTINUING EDUCATION:||0.4 CEUs, 4 contact hours|
|ACCESS TO COURSE:||30 days|
|REGULATIONS SATISFIED::||Title 22 CCR 66262.34
Title 22 CCR 66265.16
|NOTE:||Satisfies hazardous waste generator training needs for California generators. (Please see Course #1391 for other states)|
Max Subscription Days: 30 Days
Subjects: EPA Hazardous Waste Courses
Price: US $125.00
Do you manage hazardous waste at your site?
Do you fill out or sign hazardous waste manifests?
Do you handle hazardous waste?
Do you package, mark, or label hazardous waste?
Do you store hazardous waste on site?
Do you inspect hazardous waste storage areas?
Our online Title 22 Hazardous Waste Generator certification course provides training as a handler of hazardous waste for large or small quantity generators of hazardous waste in the state of California according to the California Department of Toxic Substances regulations found in Title 22 CCR 66262.34 and Title 22 CCR 66265.16. Taking our online course also satisfies the California Title 22 Hazardous Waste Generator annual refresher training requirement.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS CLASS?
Anyone who works around hazardous wastes must have training related to their job function. Do you manage hazardous waste at your site? Do you handle hazardous waste? Do you package, mark, or label hazardous waste? Do you store hazardous waste on site? Do you inspect hazardous waste storage areas? Do you fill out or sign hazardous waste manifests? If you answered yes then our hazardous waste generator training is for you.
Note: This course is designed to fulfill the requirements for hazardous waste generators in the state of California only. If you are a generator in a different state your requirements are different and you will need to take the RCRA #1391 course instead.
The structure and objectives of this course are based on compliance with California Title 22:
- Define hazardous waste.
- Understand the background and need for hazardous waste regulations.
- Define generation of hazardous waste.
- Understand RCRA and non-RCRA waste classifications.
- Define the terms generator and co-generator.
- List the three classes of generators and know what episodic generator means.
- Understand how waste accumulation works including waste accumulation sites and satellite accumulation sites.
- Identify safety considerations when accumulating hazardous waste.
- Understand the basic toxicology and terminology relating to hazardous waste.
- Understand the importance of proper record keeping and reporting requirements for generators.
- Recognize a Uniform Hazardous Waste Manifest and what information is required.
- Be able to accurately fill out a Uniform Hazardous Waste Manifest.
- Discuss new regulations regarding universal hazardous waste.
- Understand the need for proper training and emergency response.
- Understand the differences between federal hazardous waste regulations and state hazardous waste agency regulations.
- Meet the requirements of Title 22 CCR 66262.34 for certification as a hazardous waste handler.
Students will have to go through all modules in order to unlock the final exam at the end of the course. You will need a computer or iPad with Internet access and an email account. No text is required; all course materials are available online. The course will take approximately 4 hours to complete but you can come and go as you need.
Passing this course requires completing the multiple choice or true/false exam with a grade of 75% or better. If you do not receive a grade of at least 75% on the final quiz, you may retake the quiz up to a total of three (3) times.
COURSE SCHEDULE AND DEADLINES
The course is designed to be self-paced. You will have 30 days to complete it and can come and go as you need. After one month, you will need to re-enroll. Upon successful completion of the course you will receive a pdf certificate right away.