RCRA Hazardous Waste Generator Training (4 Hour)
|TIME TO COMPLETE:||Approximately 4 hours|
|CONTINUING EDUCATION:||0.4 CEUs, 4 contact hours|
|ACCOUNT ACTIVE FOR:||30 days|
|REGULATIONS SATISFIED::||40 CFR 262.16 (Formerly 262.34)
40 CFR 265.16
|NOTE:||Satisfies hazardous waste generator training needs in 49 states. (Please see Course #1398 for California.)|
Max Subscription Days: 30 Days
Subjects: ENGLISH COURSES EPA Hazardous Waste Courses
Price: US $125.00
Do you manage hazardous waste at your site?
Do you fill out or sign hazardous waste manifests?
Do you handle hazardous waste?
Do you package, mark, or label hazardous waste?
Do you store hazardous waste on site?
Do you inspect hazardous waste storage areas?
Our online RCRA Hazardous Waste course provides training and certification as a handler of hazardous waste for large or small quantities of hazardous waste according to the EPA regulations found in 40 CFR 262.34 and 265.16 (also known as the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, or RCRA). This training satisfies hazardous waste generator training in 49 States (every state but California). Taking our online course also satisfies the annual RCRA Hazardous Waste Handler refresher training requirement.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS CLASS?
Anyone who works around hazardous wastes must have training related to their job function. Do you manage hazardous waste at your site? Do you handle hazardous waste? Do you package, mark, or label hazardous waste? Do you store hazardous waste on site? Do you inspect hazardous waste storage areas? Do you fill out or sign hazardous waste manifests? If you answered yes then our hazardous waste generator training is for you.
Note: If you are a hazardous waste generator in the state of California your requirements are different and you need another course. Click here to see our California Hazardous Waste Generator course #1398.
The structure and objectives of this course are based on compliance with RCRA 40 CFR, Parts 262.34 and 265.16
- Define hazardous waste.
- Understand the background and need for hazardous waste regulations as per the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA).
- Define generation of hazardous waste.
- Understand RCRA waste classifications.
- Define the terms generator and co-generator.
- List the three classes of generators and know what episodic generator means.
- Understand how waste accumulation works including waste accumulation sites and satellite accumulation sites.
- Identify safety considerations when accumulating hazardous waste.
- Understand the basic toxicology and terminology relating to hazardous waste.
- Understand the importance of proper record keeping and reporting requirements for generators.
- Recognize a Uniform Hazardous Waste Manifest and what information is required.
- Be able to accurately fill out a Uniform Hazardous Waste Manifest.
- Discuss new regulations regarding universal hazardous waste.
- Understand the need for proper training and emergency response.
- Understand the differences between federal hazardous waste regulations and state hazardous waste agency regulations.
- Know the state hazardous waste agency for student’s state of residency.
- Meet the requirements of 40 CFR 262.34 (d)(5)(C)(iii) for certification as a hazardous waste handler.
Students will have to go through all modules in order to unlock the final exam at the end of the course. You will need a computer or iPad with Internet access and an email account. No text is required; all course materials are available online. The course will take approximately 4 hours to complete but you can come and go as you need.
Passing this course requires completing the multiple choice or true/false exam with a grade of 75% or better. If you do not receive a grade of at least 75% on the final quiz, you may retake the quiz up to a total of three (3) times.
COURSE SCHEDULE AND DEADLINES
The course is designed to be self-paced. You will have 30 days to complete it and can come and go as you need. After one month, you will need to re-enroll. Upon successful completion of the course you will receive a pdf certificate right away.