OSHA 8hr HAZWOPER Refresher Training #936
|TIME TO COMPLETE:||Approximately 8 hours|
|CONTINUING EDUCATION:||0.8 CEUs, 8 contact hours|
|ACCOUNT ACTIVE FOR:||60 days|
|REGULATIONS SATISFIED:||29 CFR 1910.120 (e) and
29 CFR 1910.120 (p)
|PREREQUISITES:||Students have previously taken a 40-hr or 24-hr OSHA Hazardous Waste Worker course and have a valid unexpired certificate.|
|TYPE OF TRAINING:||This course is an interactive power point with audio and video. Students can come and go from the course as they need and will have 60 days to complete it.|
Max Subscription Days: 60 Days
Subjects: ENGLISH COURSES HAZWOPER Annual Refreshers HAZWOPER Courses
Price: US $110.00
Have you taken a 24 or 40 hour OSHA Hazwoper course, and need to renew your certification?
Do you find taking time away from work to meet this requirement is difficult?
Are you tired of the same old OSHA Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) Annual Refresher training material rehashed over and over again? If so, this online course is for you! Our online, 8 hour OSHA Hazwoper Refresher self-paced training course is full of interactive exercises and activities to help you meet the OSHA Hazwoper training requirement. All of the information delivered in a straightforward manner with the flexibility to take it as your schedule permits is at your fingertips. Receive an OSHA 8 Hour Hazwoper Annual Refresher certificate as soon as you finish the course.
“The material was easily understood and practical.” – Martinez, CA
“I needed a class NOW! This class met my needs.” – Portland, OR
“Excellent course” – Ft. Benning, GA
“I enjoyed the class. See you next year!” – Soquel, CA
This program meets the competencies outlined in the OSHA Hazwoper regulation.
- Meet the requirements for certification of 29 CFR, Part 1910.120 or other applicable state regulations for certification in hazardous materials/waste worker.
- Understand the various training regulations relating to hazardous materials handling and response.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the types of hazardous materials and the various hazards and risks associated with them.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the routes of entry for hazardous materials to enter the body.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the health effects that hazardous materials can have on the body.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the terminology used in describing hazardous materials including vapor pressure, vapor density, specific gravity, miscibility/solubility, carcinogen, teratogen, mutagen, pH, PPM, etiologic, TLV, IDLH, flammable/explosive range, combustible, flammable, flash point, and ignition temperature.
- Demonstrate an ability to identify the hazards of various hazardous materials using the Department of Transportation (DOT) Labeling system, National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 704 system, Hazardous Materials Information System (HMIS), and Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Understand the need for personal protective equipment when using hazardous materials.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the need for respiratory equipment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the advantages and disadvantages to the types of respiratory equipment.
- Understand emergency activities related to hazardous materials releases and of their role in the event of an emergency.
- Review site specific issues and incidents
Students will have to go through all modules in order to unlock the final exam at the end of the course. You will need a computer or iPad with Internet access and an email account. No text is required; all course materials are available online. The course will take approximately 8 hours to complete but you can come and go as you need.
Passing this course requires completing the multiple choice or true/false exam with a grade of 75% or better. If you do not receive a grade of at least 75% on the final quiz, you may retake the quiz up to a total of three (3) times.
COURSE SCHEDULE AND DEADLINES
The course is designed to be self-paced. You will have 60 days to complete it and can come and go as you need. After two months, you will need to re-enroll. Upon successful completion of the course you will receive a pdf certificate right away.