DOT HM-181 Training
|TIME TO COMPLETE:||Approximately 4 hours|
|CONTINUING EDUCATION:||0.4 CEUs, 4 contact hours|
|ACCOUNT ACTIVE FOR:||30 days (you can come and go from the training as you would like)|
|REGULATIONS SATISFIED:||49 CFR, Part 172.704 (Subpart H) *FedEx, UPS, & DHL Approved*|
In order to legally haul hazardous materials in the U.S you must have a DOT Hazmat Employee Certification.
|REFRESH AGAIN:||3 years|
|TYPE OF TRAINING:||This course is an interactive power point with audio and video. Students can come and go from the course as they need and will have 30 days to complete it.|
Max Subscription Days: 30 Days
Subjects: ENGLISH COURSES DOT Hazmat Courses
Price: US $99.00
Do you ship hazmat via FedEx, UPS, DHL or other carriers?
Do you operate a vehicle that transports hazardous materials?
Do you want to get your Hazmat Endorsement on your CDL?
Do you work in a shipping/receiving department that ships or receives hazardous materials?
Then, this course is for you!
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS CLASS?
Do you have a job that puts you in contact with hazardous materials that are handled, packed, or transported in any way? Hazmat School proudly offers a detailed HM-181 course that complies with national safety standards, so Hazmat employees can continue to safely work with, handle, and transport hazardous materials. The United States Department of Transportation (DOT) has established a series of regulations governing training programs for what are termed Hazmat Employees. Basic DOT Hazmat training is often referred to as HM-181 or HM-126 training. Employees in need of Basic DOT Hazmat training could be anyone who meets any of the following criteria:
- A person who offers a hazardous material for transportation
- A person who is involved in the transportation of a hazardous material
- A person who labels or marks packages that are being transported
- A person who signs of on any DOT document including hazardous waste manifests
This simple to take program will help you to understand your role and set up further training programs should they also be required. This HM-181 training course is presented in an easy-to-understand format and is filled with interactive activities, industry-specific examples, and PowerPoints with audio and video to fully ensure you understand the regulations and safety precautions behind transporting hazardous materials. An official DOT certificate documenting compliance with the DOT Hazardous Material training requirement is presented upon completion. This course will also fulfill your tri-annual DOT Hazmat refresher requirement.
“The course was convenient and readily available.” – Glasgow, KY
Do you ship automotive supplies (airbags or seatbelt pretensioners)? You may need our course #1200.
Do you select the specific types of packaging for the products you ship? Then you need our course #1205.
The structure and objectives of this online DOT Hazmat course are centered on the requirements outlined in the DOT Hazmat regulation. Each unit is based on one or more of the following requirements. Upon completion of this program, the participants will have completed the following:
- Met the requirements of 49 CFR, Part 172.704 for certification in hazardous materials handling and transportation.
- Reviewed the requirements of the DOT regulations relative to the transportation of hazardous materials.
- Reviewed the basic safety elements including recognition and identification of hazardous materials as required by the DOT regulations and the Hazard Communication Standard.
- Reviewed the basic operations required for handling emergencies involving hazardous materials for the DOT Hazmat Employee.
- Demonstrated some basic functions required for a DOT Hazmat Employee including basic knowledge of the Hazardous Materials Table (49 CFR 172.101), Labels and Placards, and Shipping Papers.
- Reviewed the nine DOT hazard classes and associated them with the appropriate placards for use in transportation.
- An awareness of security risks associated with hazardous materials transportation (HM-232).
- An awareness of methods designed to enhance transportation security.
- An awareness of how to recognize and respond to possible security threats.
Students will have to go through all modules in order to unlock the final exam at the end of the course. You will need a computer or iPad with Internet access and an email account. No text is required; all course materials are available online. The course will take approximately 4 hours to complete but you can come and go as you need.
Passing this course requires completing the multiple choice or true/false exam with a grade of 75% or better. If you do not receive a grade of at least 75% on the final quiz, you may retake the quiz up to a total of three (3) times.
COURSE SCHEDULE AND DEADLINES
The course is designed to be self-paced. You will have 30 days to complete it and can come and go as you need. After one month, you will need to re-enroll. Upon successful completion of the course you will receive an official DOT pdf certificate right away.
WHY CHOOSE HAZMAT SCHOOL?
To comply with DOT and OSHA safety standards, it is required that all employees who work with and around hazardous materials take and pass the necessary training courses. At Hazmat School, we offer the best online HM-181 training possible at the best possible price. We adhere to the strict DOT and OSHA standards to give you the knowledge you need to protect yourself and others while on the job. OSHA’s strict standards dictate that personnel who are shipping or working with hazardous materials must have the knowledge to protect themselves in any situation. After completing our online DOT HM-181 or HM-126 course, you will be prepared for any interaction with hazardous materials.
Providing the highest quality learning experiences to over 20,000 students each year, all of our certified instructors strive to individually work with each student to ensure they completely understand and learn the course material.
If your job requires you to take an HM-181 training course, let our certified professionals help you get the certification you need in no time. Contact us at 877-OSHA-NOW (674-2669) for details!