DOT Hazardous Waste Training
|TIME TO COMPLETE:||Approximately 8 hours|
|CONTINUING EDUCATION:||0.8 CEUs, 8 contact hours|
|ACCOUNT ACTIVE FOR:||60 days|
|REGULATIONS SATISFIED:||EPA – 40 CFR 262.16 (Formerly 262.34) & 40 CFR 265.16
DOT – 49 CFR 172.704 (subpart h)
|NOTE:||Save $15 if you sign up for this combined course!|
Max Subscription Days: 30 Days
Subjects: ENGLISH COURSES DOT Hazmat Courses EPA Hazardous Waste Courses
Price: US $209.00
Do you handle, manage or store hazardous waste at your site?
Do you fill out or sign hazardous waste manifests?
Do you offer the waste for transportation and sign off on the hazardous waste manifest?
Then, this online RCRA training course is for you!
Our online DOT/RCRA combined course provides training and certification as a handler of hazardous waste for large or small quantities of hazardous waste as well as a DOT Hazmat Employee.
If you are someone who has hazardous waste onsite and offer the waste for transportation (including signing off on a manifest) it is required that you have both your DOT and RCRA Certifications to comply with the US EPA regulations. Hazardous waste can pose a serious threat if handled improperly. It can harm the surrounding community and environment, threatening wildlife, natural resources, and even humans. For these reasons, it is crucial that those who come in contact with hazardous waste follow strict hazardous waste management guidelines. This RCRA/DOT training course will give you the certification to do so, and it also satisfies your refresher requirements.
After this online RCRA training course, you will be equipped with everything you need to know in order to comply with the complex RCRA hazardous waste rules and emergency procedures. This will keep employees safe and prevent costly fines and liability. As of July 2016, the US EPA requires annual training for all facility personnel who encounter hazardous waste.
Part 1- RCRA COURSE OBJECTIVES:
The structure and objectives of this course are based on compliance with RCRA 40 CFR, Parts 262.34 and 265.16
- Define hazardous waste.
- Understand the background and need for hazardous waste regulations as per the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA).
- Define generation of hazardous waste.
- Understand RCRA waste classifications.
- Define the terms generator and co-generator.
- List the three classes of generators and know what episodic generator means.
- Understand how waste accumulation works including waste accumulation sites and satellite accumulation sites.
- Identify safety considerations when accumulating hazardous waste.
- Understand the basic toxicology and terminology relating to hazardous waste.
- Understand the importance of proper record keeping and reporting requirements for generators.
- Recognize a Uniform Hazardous Waste Manifest and what information is required.
- Be able to accurately fill out a Uniform Hazardous Waste Manifest.
- Discuss new regulations regarding universal hazardous waste.
- Understand the need for proper training and emergency response.
- Understand the differences between federal hazardous waste regulations and state hazardous waste agency regulations.
- Know the state hazardous waste agency for student’s state of residency.
- Meet the requirements of 40 CFR 262.34 (d)(5)(C)(iii) for certification as a hazardous waste handler.
Part 2 – DOT COURSE OBJECTIVES:
The structure and objectives of this online DOT Hazmat course are centered on the requirements outlined in the DOT Hazmat regulation. Each unit is based on one or more of the following requirements. Upon completion of this program, the participants will have completed the following:
- Met the requirements of 49 CFR, Part 172.704 for certification in hazardous materials handling and transportation.
- Reviewed the requirements of the DOT regulations relative to the transportation of hazardous materials.
- Reviewed the basic safety elements including recognition and identification of hazardous materials as required by the DOT regulations and the Hazard Communication Standard.
- Reviewed the basic operations required for handling emergencies involving hazardous materials for the DOT Hazmat Employee.
- Demonstrated some basic functions required for a DOT Hazmat Employee including basic knowledge of the Hazardous Materials Table (49 CFR 172.101), Labels and Placards, and Shipping Papers including hazardous waste manifests.
- Reviewed the nine DOT hazard classes and associated them with the appropriate placards for use in transportation.
- An awareness of security risks associated with hazardous materials transportation (HM-232).
- An awareness of methods designed to enhance transportation security.
- An awareness of how to recognize and respond to possible security threats.
Students will have to go through all modules in order to unlock the final exam at the end of the course. You will need a computer or iPad with Internet access and an email account. No text is required; all RCRA/DOT training course materials are available online. The course will take approximately 8 hours to complete but you can come and go as you need.
Passing this course requires completing the multiple choice or true/false exam with a grade of 75% or better. If you do not receive a grade of at least 75% on the final quiz, you may retake the quiz up to a total of three (3) times.
COURSE SCHEDULE AND DEADLINES
The online RCRA training course is designed to be self-paced. You will have 60 days to complete it and can come and go as you need. After one month, you will need to re-enroll. Upon successful completion of the course you will receive a pdf certificate right away.
WHY CHOOSE HAZMAT SCHOOL?
If your job requires you to handle or manage hazardous waste, it is required that you take this course to comply with US EPA regulations. After completion of this RCRA/DOT training course, you can feel confident that you have the complete knowledge and capability to handle hazardous waste in any situation.
Serving more than 20,000 students year after year, our qualified instructors work hard to provide online learning experiences that students will not find anywhere else. Upon course completion, students will have a full grasp on the material and be able to apply their newfound knowledge to real world situations.
Hazmat School’s online training solutions have been uniquely developed to help build a comprehensive safety culture while satisfying your organization’s compliance goals at the best value. To enroll in your next online RCRA training course or to learn more detailed information, give us a call at 877-OSHA-NOW (674-2669). You can also send us an online message regarding your questions or comments.