DOT HM-181 Hazmat Employee for Automobile Dealers & Suppliers (4 Hour)
|TIME TO COMPLETE:||Approximately 4 hours|
|CONTINUING EDUCATION:||0.4 CEUs, 4 contact hours|
|ACCOUNT ACTIVE FOR:||30 days|
|REGULATIONS SATISFIED:||49 CFR, Part 172.704 (Subpart H)|
|REFRESH AGAIN:||3 years|
|NOTE:||This course has been customized to cover industries and operations that handle vehicle-related items. Includes a module with general awareness training regarding hazardous materials safety and security as required by HM-232.|
Max Subscription Days: 30 Days
Subjects: ENGLISH COURSES DOT Hazmat Courses
Price: US $95.00
Do you or your employees handle, ship, or receive batteries, airbags, seatbelt pretensioners or paints?
Do you comply with the DOT requirements for shipping these types of materials?
This course is based on our standard DOT course but has been customized to cover a range of industries and operations which handle vehicle-related items. Equipment and parts such as air bag initiators, automobile batteries, and even paints and solvents are covered in this course. This course will cover the “function-specific” section of the regulation. You want a course that actually applies to your operation and which will not put you or your staff to sleep. This course will also fulfill your tri-annual DOT Hazmat refresher training requirement. Receive a DOT Hazmat certificate documenting compliance with the DOT Hazmat training requirement.
“I liked the convenience of studying on my own schedule and not having to travel to a classroom”
– Chico, CA
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS CLASS?
The United States Department of Transportation (DOT) has established a series of regulations governing training programs for what are termed Hazmat Employees. The DOT training program is sometimes referred to as HM-181 or HM-126 training. It applies to anyone who meets any of the following criteria:
- A person who offers hazardous materials for transportation
- A person who is involved in the transportation of a hazardous material
- A person who labels or marks packages that are being transported
- A person that signs off on a DOT document
Do you select the specific types of packaging for the products you ship? Then you need our course #1205.
The structure and objectives of this course are centered on the requirements outlined in the DOT regulation. Each unit is based on one or more of the following requirements. Upon completion of this program, the participants will have completed the following:
- Met the requirements of 49 CFR, Part 172.704 for certification in hazardous materials handling and transportation.
- Reviewed the requirements of the DOT regulations relative to the transportation of hazardous materials.
- Reviewed the basic safety elements including recognition and identification of hazardous materials as required by the DOT regulations and the Hazard Communication Standard.
- Reviewed the basic operations required for handling emergencies involving hazardous materials for the DOT Hazmat Employee.
- Demonstrated some basic functions required for a DOT Hazmat Employee including basic knowledge of the Hazardous Materials Table (49 CFR 172.101), Labels and Placards, and Shipping Papers.
- Reviewed the nine DOT hazard classes and associated them with the appropriate placards for use in transportation.
- An awareness of security risks associated with hazardous materials transportation (HM-232).
- An awareness of methods designed to enhance transportation security.
- An awareness of how to recognize and respond to possible security threats.
Students may have to complete review sections along the way and a final exam at the end of the course. You will need a computer or iPad with Internet access and an email account. No text is required; all course materials are available online. The course will take approximately 4 hours to complete.
Passing this course requires completing the multiple choice or true/false exam with a grade of 75% or better. If you do not receive a grade of at least 75% on the final quiz, you may retake the quiz up to a total of three (3) times.
COURSE SCHEDULE AND DEADLINES
The course is designed to be self-paced. You will have 30 days to complete it and can come and go as you need. After one month, you will need to re-enroll. Upon successful completion of the course you will receive a pdf certificate right away.